We collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties, but rest assured, any information you share with us will be carefully guarded through our use of best practice security policies. Please read on for more details about how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this site.
Understanding the information we collect
- What kind of information we collect
- How we use the information collected
- How we may disclose personal information
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
- Cookies and tracking technology
- Social networking and third party sites
- Children's online privacy
- Contact us
1. What kind of information we collect and why
When you visit our site, to make your visit productive and enjoyable, some information may be collected that identifies you or relates to you as an individual, such as your:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information required when making an application for programmes offered by Ambition School Leadership Trust, including date of birth, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, gender re-assignment, faith, disability, education and work history, criminal declaration and your photograph
- Information required to enrol successful applicants as participants, including medical information, next of kin details, teaching number, a professional biography and personal facts
- Additional information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (“Personal Information”)
We also collect aggregate information about you and your use of our site whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our site (i.e. referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on our site, our servers automatically log their IP addresses (i.e. a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web). We use third-party software that tracks traffic directed to our site from affiliate sites and the purchases that result from this traffic. This information is aggregated and is not tied to an individual application or inquiry. This aggregate information generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all aggregate information, provided that, such information does not personally identify you. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you.
2. How we use the personal information collected
Ambition School Leadership Trust may use personal information about you for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you on our site. For example, we may use personal information to:
- Assist in the assessment of your application for programmes offered by Ambition School Leadership Trust
- Respond to your inquiries, post your comments or statements on online forums
- Communicate with you by post, telephone and email about your application or inquiry
- Communicate with you by post, telephone and email about programmes offered by Ambition School Leadership Trust, events or other promotional purposes
- If you opt-in, communicate with you occasionally by email. If at any time you decide you'd rather not receive these types of communications from Ambition School Leadership Trust, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
3. How we may disclose personal information
Your privacy is very important to us. We won't give any of your personal information to anyone outside of Ambition School Leadership Trust, other than our partners, like the National College for School Leadership, who may need, for example, to respond to your requests or inquiries, or help us operate and improve our site or any programmes offered by Ambition School Leadership Trust.
Ambition School Leadership Trust reserves the right to use or disclose any personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
All information collected through our site is considered a trade secret of Ambition School Leadership Trust. As the owner of such information, we may disclose or sell such information, including personal information, as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our company or a portion of our assets.
4. Your right to access and correct your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of all or some of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Ambition School Leadership Trust, 65 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6TD. You can also correct any factual inaccuracies in the information we hold by letting us know. We may charge for this service.
5. Cookies and tracking technology
Our website uses Google Analytics technology and small text files called cookies so that we can improve your online experience - for example, by remembering you when you come back to visit us.
Cookies are small pieces of data that we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interaction at our site.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. A detailed list of the cookies used on our website can be found below:
- cookies_approval – this cookie indicates whether the user has accepted the website cookies policy or not.
- PHPSESSID – this cookie stores temporary information to enable site functionality and is automatically deleted when the browser is closed.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz – these cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use the site. The web development team use the information to compile reports and on occasion to help improve the site. Examples of information collected by these cookies include the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. No personally indefinable data is collected.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Ambition School Leadership Trust across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of Ambition School Leadership Trust’s website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say "This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page." Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
6. Social networking and third party sites
7. Children's online privacy
Ambition School Leadership Trust recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen years. When a user discloses personal information on our site, the user is representing to us that he or she is an adult. If a child has provided Ambition School Leadership Trust with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian e-mail us at email@example.com, and we will delete the child's information from our records.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can telephone us at 0203 116 0808, send us a fax at 020 7691 9585, or you can write to us at Ambition School Leadership Trust, 65 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6TD.