Design Manager – Learning Design
We are delighted that you're interested in this role - it couldn't be a more exciting time to join us. We are a new organisation formed out of the merger of Ambition School Leadership and the Institute for Teaching.
We know that great teaching and school leadership are the most powerful levers for transforming children’s outcomes. Effective leaders set the culture and create the conditions for improvements in teacher expertise, and expert teachers can close the attainment gap. Yet too much professional development for teachers and school leaders is low-quality, generic and fragmented.
Our new organisation, launching in Spring 2019, will have a single focus: to help teachers and school leaders to keep getting better. We think that this is the best way to make sure that every pupil, regardless of their background, gets a great education.
We will be the largest teaching and school leadership development provider in England, with more than ten years of collective experience working with everyone from new teachers to multi-academy trust CEOs and all of the roles in between.
Through our evidence-based programmes, we’ll work with schools serving low-income communities to provide high-quality development for educators at all levels, built on an understanding of what schools really need to improve. Our work is informed by the latest research and practice from the front line. Moreover, it’s shaped constantly by our partnerships with schools and trusts across the sector and the frontline experience of our network of teachers and leaders.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team and welcome applications from both primary and secondary specialists.
This is an important role within our newly merged
organisation. You will work closely with colleagues in the design team to
design and build a suite of world-class programmes that help teachers and
school leaders to keep getting better.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you:
- Agile working - a dynamic and flexible internal culture that gives employees control over the way they work and supports wellbeing
- A competitive annual leave entitlement - 25 days plus bank holidays
- A generous employer pension contribution - 11% (10% pension plus 1% NI rebate)
- Competitive salaries rates and life assurance
- Access to interest free season ticket and bike loans, as well as childcare vouchers
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which gives staff confidential support and personalised information and resources when they are experiencing everyday challenges or more serious problems.
- A proactive, positive and progressive approach to team development.
How to apply
To apply for any of our vacancies please email email@example.com with the following:
- An up-to-date CV, no more than two pages in length
- A cover letter – up to one page – which must include why you are interested in the role and any dates you are unavailable for interview
- Equality monitoring form.
- We are committed to the safeguarding of children and the most vulnerable in our society, as such we are unable to employ individuals with relevant convictions, and this includes the following: a conviction for an offence involving violence or dishonesty, of a sexual nature or against minors, or for any other offence that is relevant to the nature of the services provided by our newly merged organisation.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive at this stage we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
For any questions or queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org