Work for us
At Ambition School Leadership we are working for a fair society where every child can thrive, no matter what their background.
We believe that people hold the key to effecting real change in education – both the talented leaders who join our leadership development programmes, and our close-knit community of ambitious and dedicated staff.
We’re delighted that you're interested in working with
Ambition School Leadership - it couldn't be a more exciting, dynamic time to
join us. We are a new charity that formed in November 2016 from two education
charities, The Future Leaders Trust and Teaching Leaders. We joined forces to
increase the impact we can have in schools in challenging contexts and offer
leaders at all levels in education a coherent and compelling pathway for career
development. Continuing a period of transition, we are growing rapidly and
building a positive working culture based on five core values:
Mastery: We strive for the best solution and the highest quality, using expert knowledge and evidence.
Integrity: Moral purpose, openness and trust are at the centre of our work.
Teamwork: Respect and partnership help us to achieve better results.
Grit: We approach everything with optimism, passion and resolve.
Empowerment: We invest in people, in the belief that they hold the key to effecting real change.
To help us establish this culture and achieve our vision of social justice we are looking for high-calibre and ambitious candidates who identify with our values. We actively welcome and celebrate our differences, recognising that our individuality to better achieve our mission.
We have a number of roles that would suit candidates with a diverse range of skills and experience, but all call for people who are committed to their work and passionate about our cause. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
· Agile working - a dynamic and flexible internal culture that gives employees control over the way they work and supports wellbeing
· A competitive annual leave entitlement - 25 days plus bank holidays
· A generous employer pension contribution - 11% (10% pension plus 1% NI rebate
· Competitive salaries rates and life assurance
· Access to interest free season ticket and bike loans, as well as childcare vouchers
· An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which gives staff confidential support and personalised information and resources when they are experiencing everyday challenges or more serious problems.
· A proactive, positive and progressive approach to learning to enable you to take ownership of your career development through the 70:20:10 model:
- 70% structure on-the-job learning or learning from experience.
- 20% relationship-based learning or learning through other colleagues
10% formal learning or learning through
structured courses and programmes.
The Strategy and Operations division is responsible for shaping the future direction of Ambition School Leadership and ensuring that the organisation operates effectively. The division is made from five teams:
- The Business Development team focuses on helping to develop new programmes, improve our operations, evaluate our impact, and lead business development and planning for our long term sustainability.
- The Executive Assistants work collaboratively to support Directors across the organisation and have responsibility for ensuring that our governance structures are adhered to.
- Our Finance & Operations team work across the organisation with all teams to develop annual budgets and forecast future expenditure, as well as ensuring that day to day expenditure is tracked and approved.
- The HR team have responsibility for the people of Ambition School Leadership, through effective recruitment, engaging development opportunities and support for all employees throughout their time with us.
Our Technology team
work to ensure that the organisation has the technology that different teams
need to perform effectively, this includes both internal systems and those used
by our participants.
Programmes (Leadership Development) division designs and delivers
high quality innovative training for participants to become and excel as
leaders within schools in challenging contexts. The division is made from four
- The Assessment & Selection team is responsible for leading on recruitment for our programmes and the selection of participants by using innovative and up to date selection methods based on the skills needed to be an effective school leader.
- Our Middle Leadership Development team focuses on developing world class content for our Middle Leadership Programmes, through a variety of both online and face to face mediums.
- The Middle Leadership Delivery is responsible for delivering high quality programmes focused on aspiring middle leaders to middle leaders looking to increase their impact.
- Our Headship & Executive Programmes team design and deliver innovative programmes focusing on supporting school leaders, from senior leaders ready for whole school responsibilities up to Multi Academy Trust CEO’s, who want to deliver whole school impact.
Our Partnerships, Marketing and Communications division is responsible for our relationships with individual leaders, schools and the wider education system and is made from two teams:
- The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for the brand, profile and reputation of the organisation. They lead on marketing to attract the very best participants to our programmes and on communications which engage and inform our stakeholders. This includes working to coordinate and strengthen the organisation's relationships with government bodies, corporate partners and charitable donors.
- The School Partnerships team is responsible for relationships with individual leaders, schools and the wider education system by acting as trusted advisors to schools, with a focus on those areas of the country most in need of support. This includes providing participants with bespoke, tailored support with their application as they begin their journey with Ambition School Leadership. As well as ongoing support once participants have successfully completed their programme, providing opportunities for them to continue their impact through our national network.
If you have any questions about our roles please email us or call 020 3372 2874.