Senior Leadership Programme
The Senior Leadership Programme is designed to develop the practice of senior leaders, or those ready to step into a senior role. Blending high-quality face-to-face training and 360° feedback reviews, the Senior Leadership Programme will further develop your leadership skills and confidence to lead at a whole-school level.
Why join the programme?
- Seven high quality one-day workshops led by exceptional school leaders who have themselves made sustained, whole-school impact in challenging contexts
- Plan your professional progress through 360° review at the beginning of the programme, designed specifically for senior leaders to help identify strengths and areas for development
- Receive support to deliver an in-school project as a vehicle for structuring your development
- Share support and insight from a close-knit peer group of fewer than 30 senior leaders in the programme cohort
- Join Ambition School Leadership’s national network of more than 4,000 leaders and 1,500 schools, sharing ideas and best practice
- Gain a National College-accredited qualification
“The programme gave me the opportunity to drive an initiative through to completion in my school, tracking data and monitoring change until the final results were in. And it’s helped me to grow as a person. I became more mature and confident in my approach as the course progressed.”
Jenene Campbell, Assistant Head, Mayfield School, London
Please click here for programmes starting in 2017.
Ambition School Leadership has worked with a range of partners to a bid to become a licensee for the reformed National Professional Qualifications (NPQs). An announcement on the outcome of this bid has been delayed due to the General Election, during which time all providers are unable to register new candidates for NPQs.
If your school is looking to develop its senior leadership team, register now for more information on our Senior Leadership Programme without NPQSL and to stay updated on our new development offer.
If we are successful in our bid we will share our new approach to partner-led NPQSL delivery.
Our Senior Leadership Programme is a non-selective programme.
Our only requirement is that you have the full support of your school in order to attend the workshops and complete the required in-school work.
What’s included in the programme?
The Senior Leadership Programme comprises seven intensive and inspiring one-day workshops targeting the key challenges we know to be part of successful school leadership and raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
Topics you will cover include:
- understanding values and leadership styles
- leading and managing people
- leading change
- data analysis
- strategic planning
Sessions are accompanied by high-quality learning materials to prepare for or build on your learning for the day. Inter-session resources and tasks have a strong focus on outstanding practice across the sector and latest research, helping you translate theory into meaningful impact on your school’s improvement priorities.