Senior Leadership Programme (with NPQSL)
The Senior Leadership Programme is designed to develop the practice of senior leaders, or those ready to step into a senior role. Blending high-quality face-to-face training and 360° feedback reviews, the Senior Leadership Programme will further develop your leadership skills and confidence to lead at a whole-school level. We are the only NPQSL provider that focuses on closing the achievement gap for disadvantaged children.
Why join the programme?
- Seven high quality one-day workshops led by exceptional school leaders who have themselves made sustained, whole-school impact in challenging contexts
- Plan your professional progress through 360° review at the beginning of the programme, designed specifically for senior leaders to help identify strengths and areas for development
- Receive support to deliver an in-school project as a vehicle for structuring your development
- Share support and insight from a close-knit peer group of fewer than 30 senior leaders in the programme cohort
- Join Ambition School Leadership’s national network of more than 4,000 leaders and 1,500 schools, sharing ideas and best practice
- Gain a National College-accredited qualification
“The programme gave me the opportunity to drive an initiative through to completion in my school, tracking data and monitoring change until the final results were in. And it’s helped me to grow as a person. I became more mature and confident in my approach as the course progressed.”
Jenene Campbell, Assistant Head, Mayfield School, London
Our Senior Leadership Programme (with NPQSL) is a non-selective programme.
Our only requirement is that you have the full support of your school in order to attend the workshops and complete the required in-school work.
Please click here for programmes starting in 2016.
What’s included in the programme?
The Senior Leadership Programme comprises seven intensive and inspiring one-day workshops targeting the key challenges we know to be part of successful school leadership and raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
Topics you will cover include:
- understanding values and leadership styles
- leading and managing people
- leading change
- data analysis
- strategic planning
Sessions are accompanied by high-quality learning materials to prepare for or build on your learning for the day. Inter-session resources and tasks have a strong focus on outstanding practice across the sector and latest research, helping you translate theory into meaningful impact on your school’s improvement priorities.
How do I gain the NPQSL?
The programme supports trainees to submit for assessment for the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL), accredited by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
This programme includes access to all materials necessary for completion of the NPQSL; Ambition School Leadership provides support throughout the process, with learning focused on closing the attainment gap.
Assessment for the qualification is measured by:
- achievement of the National College competencies
- the strength of impact delivered in school and reflection on that process
- completion of course elements.