Detail Back to top
Our world-class leadership development programme helps participants deliver real impact in their school from day one. Over the two years they'll benefit from:
- Intensive leadership development training based on the latest research
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching from our pool of experienced headteachers and executive coaches
- Visits to exemplary schools across England to see great leadership in practice
- Membership of our national network of committed school leaders sharing ideas and best practice
- Inspiring and developmental residentials that bring together the entire national cohort to network and build valuable relationships that will last throughout the programme and beyond
- The option to gain the National Professional Qualification in Headship*
Benefits Back to top
Future Leaders will help you to:
- Retain and get the very best out of your high performers
- Plan for succession and strategic growth in your school or multi-academy trust, building capacity from within so you are prepared for the future
- Significantly save on recruiting headteachers externally
- Stretch and accelerate the development of high-potential staff
77% of headteachers working with Future Leaders participants say the participant demonstrates impact in their school after less than a term on the programme.
“The culture of Future Leaders permeates the academy. Moral purpose is visible in everything the headteacher does, and that makes the academy a great place to work and learn.” Ben Ryder, Northumberland CofE Academy. The academy is led by Future Leader Andrew Day.
Cost Back to top
The majority of the programme costs are covered by the National College for Teaching and Leadership, however schools are expected to pay a £1,500 contribution per year.
Next steps Back to top
Apply before 14 Feb to secure an early place on the programme. To find out more, please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our School Partnerships team will be in touch to discuss next steps.