Future Leaders is a leadership development programme for those who share our commitment to eradicating educational disadvantage, and have the talent and commitment to become headteachers of schools in challenging contexts.
The programme is subject to confirmation of government funding.
The Future Leaders programme includes:
- Intensive leadership development training
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching from our pool of experienced headteachers and executive coaches
- Visits to exemplary schools across England
- Career development and guidance to enable you to reach headship within three years
The cost to schools is £3,000 per year for secondary or £2,000 per year for primary. Due to this cost, you will need to gain the support of your school before applying. There is a 25% discount in both cases for schools in Category 6 areas.
Participants commit to stay in their sponsoring school for the two years of the programme or until they get a headship, whichever is earlier.
The provisional training dates in summer 2017 are:
- 7 – 9 July 2017
- 31 July – 9 August 2017
Programme subject to confirmation of funding.
To join the Future Leaders programme:
- You must have the track record, potential and commitment to become the headteacher of a challenging school within two to three years
- As we are looking for applicants whose next step is headship, we will be focusing on deputy heads in secondary, and deputy and assistant heads in primary. Assistant heads in secondary whose role is commensurate to that of a deputy head are also welcome to apply.
- You will have evidence of having made substantial positive impact on a school or organisation
- You will be an exceptional teacher with QTS or QTLS and have senior leadership experience in English schools within the past five years
- You are committed to working in a school in a challenging context
We particularly welcome applications from candidates in schools in Opportunity Areas or Category 5 & 6 areas.